Vocal Evaluation (Audition) Procedures 2017-2018 School Year
This process is designed to be user friendly to you. If you need help, please ask.
THE VERY FIRST THING - register for a choral ensemble with your counselor during academic advising in January/February. You need to make the commitment to the departmet before you complete a vocal evaluation.
1. The sheet music and accompaniment files are located below. You may use them as a practice resource.
2. You need to create a Smart Music account.http://www.makemusic.com/ Go to "MY ACCOUNT" upper right hand side of the page and create a new account.
3. Register for Vocal Evaluations "CLASS." in SMART MUSIC. There are iPads forSmart Music stations in the chorus room. You may use them during RAISE or after school until 3:30 PM on most days. You can create an account on ANY computer, but you need to have an account or use a music department computer to register in the class. You will need to have an e-mail address and use a password you will remember.
4. Complete the song recording and sight-reading by coming to the chorus room and using one of the available iPads.
5. The deadline for recording submissions AND sight reading is April 15th, 2017.
6. You will receive individual feedback from your IVE and your ensemble placement via e-mail at the beginning of June. Please do not share this information with others. It has been prepared for you.